Sunday, June 18, 2023

Misplaced Phone!

 Misplaced Phone!

 

Had to get on FB and send a message to my daughter to call my phone so maybe the old woman could find it. Had left it out on the deck on the stock tank. Made me feel very insecure there for a bit. And, to top it off, Patty was getting ready to call Jennifer because she had not been able to get me to answer my phone. Made me feel pretty good that she would check on me that way, but at the same time, made me feel pretty dumb. Just because these pants don’t have decent deep pockets, it is inconvenient to put my phone in my pants pocket. Sigh. SO, just got on Amazon and ordered something that will make noise loud enough that an old deaf lady can hear it when it is activated. Should be able to find my phone within a hundred feet or so. Technology is great.

 

Haven’t accomplished diddly squat today. No excuse except reading and being still. Had thought about painting the doors on the workshop, but just woke up feeling lazy—well, lazier than usual. Didn’t even vacuum or sweep anything. Still have a broody hen who thinks she is being abused. She wants to go sit on someone’s eggs, thank you very much. Nope. She has feed and water and a shaded coop. When she starts talking like a regular hen instead of chuckling like a broody mother hen, she will get out of the pen again. Mean old woman! But ya know, she thinks SHE needs to accomplish something!

 

The dogs have been sharing chews on a deer antler that Stephen left here for them. They are not even fussing about sharing. Love these two critters! Tried giving both dogs allergy pills today. Thompson finally agreed to take three tablets. Had to hold Sylvia’s mouth to get her to take three—one at a time. Such fun. But at least maybe the itch will leave them alone for tonight. Got some more shampoo to use that should keep any bugs off of them, too. Really prefer to use Cousin Wham’s formula, but the bugs out back are thick this year. Teeny, tiny little black bugs. One got on me, but it did not bite. Just sat there. Not sure if they bite or not. The chicks eat them, but only so many bugs can be consumed by these chicks. Not going to spray the yard because it might make my chicks sick. Not to mention it might make my dogs sick. Nope, just wash the dogs and use tick and flea shampoo.

 

Watched some things on FB today that made me think that God gives us little messages sometimes when we need to listen. Every time we listen, we learn more about how to love. How difficult it is to slow down and listen some days. We have heard it all our lives: slow down and live with awareness. Awareness means that we consider others, too. Eventually that lesson may soak into my old mind.

 

Let us rejoice in each day and all the blessings we have been given. And around here, we will be praying for rain.

 

Rest well, my friends. You are loved.

No comments: