Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Calm Before the Storm!

 Calm Before the Storm!

 

It doesn’t take much to tick me off. Seeing or hearing another woman threatened will get my back up faster than Ol’ Rosie kicked the milk pail! Yes, we both know that problems in marriage can be caused from both of the partners, but sometimes it is pretty obvious when one or the other is being run over and shut down. We will see what happens, but Dear Hearts, my prayers right now are with a woman who has put up with crap for nearly 40 years! Stephen reminded me that just living in the same house and working on the same job does not mean that either partner is always in the right—or wrong. May the Lord give us common sense and a calm approach to living with others. Reminded of a thing posted on FB that said that never in the history of mankind has telling a woman to calm down ever accomplished any kind of calm. My speculation is that if there is calm, it is likely the calm before the storm.

 

Stephen got the door frames adjusted to fit together. When he got back from trimming a horse’s hooves, we unloaded the plywood pieces to cover the doors. By the time he finished, we both had a head full of sawdust and lots of sweat. He will work on finishing them tomorrow. Maybe the paint in the workshop will do to put on the new doors—whether or not it matches doesn’t really matter to me. May do some free-hand pictures on them when they are coated enough to keep the rain from messing them up. Now to do the hemming on some shirt sleeves for Stephen.

 

We were out there talking, measuring, cutting, and talking some more when we got to talking about the influence of social media and how people tend to hang their dirty laundry out to get sympathy or to get others to shore up their opinions. Had to laugh and tell him about the woman that we had known who decided that online “sex” might be the way to go. She left her husband, who we both knew provided well for her, and went to stay with some guy she had met online. She came back, and her husband was glad to have her back. We just shook our heads. Asked Lewis if he would ever consider doing that online sex thing, and he looked at me and said, “I don’t type that fast. Plus, I would have to ask you how to spell the words.” Have thought of his reply several times over the years. The man loved me for whatever reason, and it made things work out well for us. If only every man could feel about his wife the way Lewis felt about me. He once sent me a card while he was off in Oklahoma at one of those stupid workshops that Darr Caterpillar sent them on. The card is right next to my desk. It shows a character hugging a heart on the front. Then when opened, it says, “One of the nicest things that ever happened to me was you.” Under that, Lewis wrote, “I couldn’t find one with a picture of me on the front that said what I felt on the inside: I love you.”

 

Our country would be one hundred percent better off if both men and women would stop being so freaking selfish and self-centered and think first of the other person. GIVING love becomes a source of love that is given back. That is the way that God has always done things, it seems to me.

 

Rest well, my friends. You are loved.

No comments: