Friday, January 12, 2024

Nibbles!

 Nibbles!

 

WHY do we need nibbles when the weather gets too cold to go to the store to pick up apples or something that is not too full of calories and loaded with sugar? Just sat here and nibbled on some Chex cereal—maple brown sugar! No, did not “need” anything of the sort, but tell my nibbly little brain that! Sigh.

 

It was doggone cold this morning, but covered up with a great big hoodie that Lance and Tracy got for me and went out to care for the hens. Took out two heads of cabbage and checked (kicked) the water bowls. Tomorrow the bowls have to be dumped and refilled, but the container in the coop did not freeze and is still full enough for another day at least. Just did not want to put an extension cord in the coop this year for their heated bowl. It always worries me when dealing with electricity. Just one tiny cut in a wire can cause all kinds of problems. Not worth it.

 

The wild birds visit rather often for handouts. They eat up every sunflower seed they can find, but then, my hens are rather fond of those seeds, too. A little expensive, but they probably add to the protein and fat content enough to keep the girls healthy. Right now, it just makes me happy that they are getting out and about and eating the cabbage and whatever grass they find. Currently the wind is not too fierce either.

 

Yesterday my head felt as if it were swollen from my nose down to below my throat. Kinda thought the old woman was coming down with something. It never fails that someone who is sick will come around about the time my own feel bads are kicking in. When Mary said she had covid, it immediately made me think that my throat irritation might be something other than just sinus drainage. Paranoia will get ya every time! Other than being cold from the top to the bottom (feet, not the rear), the old woman is in good shape—well, she has a shape. Nevermind.

 

Grayson laughed at me because his birthday gift was sent to me rather than to him. He said he accidentally charged something expensive to his mom’s account and has not heard the last of it yet! We fixed that on my account, at least. Only my credit card is on there now. But discovered today that the dog food for my two bed warmers and totally non-silent alarms is much, much cheaper on Amazon and on a recurring order. Have been paying nearly $20 for an 8-pound bag of Purina One lamb and rice at United. Amazon is charging me a little over $9. Can we say “markup”?

 

Sat reading Lehman Straus’ description of one chapter in Revelation. You know, people don’t realize that there is quite a distinction between Jews and gentiles even in the future. Those Jews who try to show others about God will be persecuted and despised and killed. But they will also be rewarded for their witness. None of us want to be around then, but still. The times foretold for the future are just worse than any horror film we could imagine. So glad that the church will be taken before any of those circumstances begin. I never believed in the “rapture” because the word was not in my Bible, but when it says that two would be working together and one would be taken—well, what do you think it means? In the twinkling of an eye, we will be changed.

 

Rest well, my friends. You are loved.

No comments: