Wednesday, November 1, 2023

May God Save Us!

 May God Save Us!

 

No pictures, but now the Israeli representatives to the UN are wearing the Star of David with the words: Never Again. The most heartrending book read when terribly young when such things stayed with me was the one by Leon Uris: Exodus. It included the history of the Israelis and then the Holocaust and the ship the Jews tried to take back into their land during the 1948 turn over by the British. Somehow it seems fitting that their return to Israel and my birth were in the same year. My heart goes out to them today even more so than ever. Last night evil descended upon a small kibbutz of about 700 people—including 40 babies. They were slaughtered, the babes beheaded. To me, that would be like someone going into my hometown of Petrolia and wiping it out. Of course, now it is mostly older people and many fewer babies. But it is the same principle.

 

Have thought of just not allowing myself to watch the “news” online, but my head just won’t stay down in the sand long enough for me to live like that. My Bible says these things will happen; my prayers may help me or others, but mostly, awareness prompts my thoughts that the time is shorter now than ever before. Of all the things that man can and has accomplished, allowing evil to persist is his most unacceptable characteristic today.

 

Ps.46: God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 2Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; 3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. 4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High. 5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted. 7 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. 8 Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth. 9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire. 10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. 11 The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

 

May all my children look beyond what they see today and find that their savior’s name is Jesus Christ. He is returning as a king of kings. His “star wars” involve His angels; His name is prince of peace.

 

Rest well, my friends. You are loved.

No comments: