Sunday, August 1, 2021

Things People Don't Want to Hear.

 Things People Don’t Want to Hear.

 

 I Corinthians 15:51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: we shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

 

Sleep has always seemed so good to me. Because awakening is so pleasant to me! Even when my grandfather’s horse fell with me and knocked me unconscious, my waking was not unpleasant. In fact, it was hard to realize that my mind, body, and thinking capacity were not functioning all that time. So many things are left behind in sleep. Hardly ever is anything clear to me upon awakening as far as what happened during the time of sleeping.

 

Ecc. 9:5 For the living know that they will die; But the dead know nothing.

 

My husband sleeps; my little girl sleeps; my son sleeps. All those who have gone before me are asleep. And I will sleep. But death will be taken away someday. It won’t matter how long my parents sleep, how long my husband sleeps, or how long my sleep may be. We will awake. We won’t remember anything of that sleep, but we will awaken to a new life. Our Lord Jesus Christ promised this new life. He did not say we would be talking in our sleep or otherwise celebrating the life we had before. No, we will have an awakening, and it will be a new life before us.

 

Please don’t try to tell me that my husband is looking down on me with approval or any other falsehood. He is asleep. Memories are wonderful, but that is all they are: memories. We may forget their voices, their features, their habits; but they will awaken changed altogether anyway. Christ did not return as the same human as He was before His death even though His apostles recognized Him. Christ raised Lazarus—as a human, not as a spirit being. Death was allowed to take him again. Not so for the resurrected in Christ.

 

I Cor. 15: 20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep.

 

Let your words of comfort for those who have lost mates, children, friends, and family remain grounded in scripture. Remind them that a resurrection is our sure hope. It is a promise that is undeniable, unbreakable, and so very kind to our hearts. Let us remember kindness is based in truth.

 

May you rest and have peace. You are loved.

 

 

No comments: