Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Still Learning or Not.

 

Still Learning or Not.

 

Daniel Hernandez would laugh at me today. Had to teach me so much about computers that yours truly has already forgotten, but just now remembered how to clip the Word app to the tool bar at the bottom of my screen! Yes, it should have been second nature, but that is not how my mind works. But it is there now, by the way!

 

Made one package of dog food this afternoon using ham, canned sweet potato, and a package of frozen peas, carrots, and green beans. Guess it was tasty enough as both dogs cleaned their bowls. And just now the two ladies who brought my groceries from Market Street left all my stuff on the bench on the front porch for me. Love, love, love this delivery service. Not having to pick stuff up and walk back and forth makes a big difference. Putting it up is not too bad at all this way.

 

Started another book this afternoon and discovered to my amazement that it was easier to read without my glasses than WITH them!! Had been thinking for a while now that my long-distance vision was better looking over the top of the frames. Go figure. Anyway, the book is about a bunch of fire fighters who turned out to be dragons. Yes, fantasy is fun! Who knew that dragons each had a hoard of treasure that they jealously guard! Am pretty sure that will be useful information someday. Ahem.

 

Nikki told me about something called a cold pack machine. Looking it up, it seems that it would be useful on spots of muscle or wherever it was really sore. One’s head probably would not be a good spot to use it, however. Have known a few sore heads!

 

Have only found four eggs today. Either the girls are falling down on the job, or maybe they just are off their feed. It would be difficult to tell about the feed with all these dadgummed doves flying around here. Oh well. The kids will still have plenty of eggs to use.

 

Got my kitchen and living room floor dust mopped and wet mopped. Still need to do the bedroom and hall, but that can wait until tomorrow. This house always needs cleaning one way or the other. The dogs bring inside dead grass and usually some dirt on their feet. This morning it rained just enough to be messy. Oh well. It’s not like Martha Stewart is coming to visit. Know Mom would have understood. She had Daddy tracking in stuff from out in his shop. Really miss them some days.

 

Connie called this morning to tell me that she was having trouble with the Market Street site. It would get to a certain point and then would not go any further. She said it was almost funny. Afraid to tell her that my groceries have been delivered now! She just texted me to say that she finally got the site to work—after she switched to Chrome as a web browser. Who knew?

 

My couch is full of dogs. These two love each other. Jennifer was telling me this morning about Luna, her black dog, and Reece’s cat, Atlas. They apparently love each other. Atlas and Luna give each other baths. How’s that for some strange behavior! Of course, she thinks that Luna is pretty strange anyway. The dog talks to her and tells her stuff. And their Husky, Osiris, tells on Luna and Marty for getting into stuff. Osiris will come to the door and let Jenn know that they are up to something. She thinks it is hilarious—until she finds that they have eaten another sprinkler head!

 

Really feel like a haircut would be nice this afternoon. It’s only 73 degrees, but it certainly feels hot to me. Hmm. Maybe that is the booster shot talking to me. Anyway, it is supposed to get colder than a well-digger’s backside in the Klondike Friday night, so maybe all this hair will do some good to keep my ears warm. Sharon made a nice, knit hat for me in one of my favorite colors—purple! It would keep me warm, too.

 

Guess the old woman should get off this computer and just be still for a bit. Not that typing takes much effort. Apparently, thinking or wondering about things does not take much effort either. Did you know that Bette Davis was the first one we know of who said that “Old age is not for sissies”? She was right!

 

Let your gratitude for life and love abound in every thought. Take care of yourselves until God has other purposes for you.

 

You are loved.

 

 

No comments: