Friday, March 4, 2022

Egg Shapes.

 Egg Shapes.

 

Dove Dark Chocolate “eggs” are here on my desk. Jennifer went up to Walgreens for Miralax and apple juice and included those in the purchase. Whatever works! But the shape of these Dove eggs reminds me of other shapes produced by the hens—inedible things, ya know, that go out on the ground to fertilize shtuff. My apologies if this is TMI {too much information}. One’s brain tends to circle the drain at certain points.

 

Having Jennifer here has been wonderful. We get to laugh about her threatening me for getting her out of bed every two hours. You know just how serious those threats sound. Even the dogs ignore it. Did sleep some last night until all the pain killers wore off totally. That was not amusing even a little bit. Now the nurse has called in the Tylenol four—whatever that is. Shortly after surgery the nausea kicked in, and my guess is that the allergy is still there, but they had some antinausea stuff that worked. Every time my mouth opens with some stupid remark about “Now why does that hurt?” Jennifer pops out with the “major surgery” reply. Yes, she is funny.

 

Son-in-law is on his way from Ft. Worth bringing Jennifer his dad’s Mini-Cooper. It’s one of the company cars and not her favorite, but until they get her a new truck, it will have to do. If she can get me into and out of it next Tuesday, we will go see what Dr. Kern says about the clamps holding the old woman together. Would really, really like a nice hot soaking bath, but that will still be off sometime in the future. Just happy to have a new shower thing with a stool to sit on inside the stall. Being grateful for small blessings never hurts.

 

Jennifer informed me that a new washer and dryer were definitely on the horizon in my future. Told her that the first line on the agenda was the house and car insurance. Thought that bill would be here by now, but it is early March after all.

 

Had a piece of fry-pan Dave’s killer bread with apple butter brought over by sister Cindy Jones. SUCH good apple butter. And such a sweet sister to think of me!

 

Mind you, the old woman who lives in this shoe can’t even touch the floor currently, but am already wondering how long it will be before it is possible to ride a horse again. Lance and family gave me another horse calendar, so now the months can be galloped across a page at a time.

 

Have not even been out to the hen house since coming home. The hens are training Jennifer well enough though. They follow her until she notices. Just asked if any had asked to have their feathers ruffled. “Oh! So that’s what they are doing!” Now she knows.

 

Feeling a little celebratory this evening. All in favor of being able to reach one’s body parts, yell hay!

 

Thompson just killed a dove out in the coop. Heard Jennifer giving him a hard time and could not figure out what was going on. Actually, took my walker out to the deck and sat for a minute before having to get up and return to my normal stance. Jenn has her own routines each day. She starts early and does a day’s work around me while cooking, cleaning, and grabbing my walker, and then she does all the invoicing, past due accounts, and whatever else needs to be done. How my kids got to be so smart is beyond me.

 

We have talked briefly about the Ukraine, the fire at the nuclear power plant, and just the stupidity in general, but nothing makes me feel any better about these things. May God give us peace of mind. May He give us peace.

 

Rest well and know that you are loved.

No comments: