Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Laughter and Shaking My Head!

 Laughter and Shaking My Head!

 

My children and grands have been sending me these things called TikToks for awhile now. They never really made much sense to me and always stopped just as one began to interest me. Guess a person has to actually download the TikTok app to make it work right. Well, now that has been accomplished, and the morning started off with the dogs looking at me as if my mind was gone. Yep, laughing. Shaking my head a few times and laughing some more. Dogs that talked silly and cats displaying that son of a gun attitude that only cats can have—these are some of the things that have entertained me today. Now granted, some of those things were pretty silly. Like the dad that was supposed to take his son the forgotten lunch and did not know the child’s teacher’s name. “Hello, ah’m not sure this is even the right school,” he said. “Just noticed that buses were pulling up outside and figured it was close enough to be a school my child might go to. Nevermind if he does not get his lunch. Someone else can enjoy it. Why, one of you ladies here in the office might enjoy it. But you see, Ah can’t take it back home to that woman who told me to take it to our son. She just would not understand.” Yep, that made me laugh.

 

The next time something gets under my collar or otherwise makes me ticked off, an answer is just as close as my phone and this silly app. In fact, there was even a guy who suggested feeding peppers to the hens. [Not happening.] But it did make me laugh to think that the rats would get their comeuppance. Can you imagine a rat having really hot pepper flakes with all that good feed they are eating? Of course, it would not faze the danged doves. Oh well.

 

Cooked rice to mix with ground turkey for tomorrow. Hope the dogs appreciate what this tastes like. They ate an entire roll of FreshPet this evening—the 1.5-pound roll. Ordered the six-pound roll, but Market Street was out. So they had a little bit of dry dog food to go with the other stuff. Guess Amazon will get an order for Pedigree or something in cans that might set well with them. Lance said that he alternates this kind of food for Aussie. Since Thompson and Sylvia have stopped scratching and biting themselves, something is working. Not sure if it is the food or some of the allergy bites they are getting. Will continue both for a bit until Thompson is totally healed up. Poor baby was so miserable there for the longest. And who knows? It might have been some kind of insect or mite out in the grass.

 

Have been wanting a Bismarck with something good in it. Have no idea why that has been one of my strange desires. We used to get Bavarian crème doughnut type things years ago at a bakery next to Guffey’s Drug. But that was back when we were going to school at the Academy on 9th Street. Those were some really fun days. Running around with Karen, Fran, and Linda was just about the best times of high school. And then we all grew up. Oh well.

 

Other than sending Jennifer a TikTok of some guy saying the dog was on fire, have not had more than a few words with anyone other than Patty when it was time to take her trash bin down. Therefore, no disgust has been experienced and no sadness much either. My friend Shirley Taylor and her husband Lee have covid, but my guess is that God will bless them with healing since they have already made it past a week with this mess. Seems to me that most folks who have been affected are already in the hospital before a week is up if it has been really life threatening. Anyway, am glad to see that Shirley has already been on FB and Lee has been through 8 days of the mess without having anything worse. Let us pray for those who have been affected by the really bad crud along with pneumonia.

 

Will not make you suffer through any of my silliness this evening. Will just say that laughter has made me feel so much better despite the orneriness that has been affecting me. Feeling very grateful that God gives us a chance to laugh as well as cry.

 

Rest and Be Grateful. You are loved.

 

 

No comments: